Our Patients’ Results From Chiropractic Care
When choosing a healthcare practitioner, it’s important to know what to expect. My focus is always on getting you better as quickly as possible whilst ensuring the benefits you see from care last.
I collect data from short questionnaires so I can see how well you are doing under my care, and identify areas where I could improve the care and service I provide to you.
When choosing to see Philippa Oakley, you will find:
- Over a 90 day (3 month) period, you should improve 86.12% (on average). This takes just over 5 visits (5.41)
- 96.30% of our patients have reported the care we have provided as excellent.
How do my results compare to General Practice?
A widely cited research paper investigating low back pain in general practice found that 79% of patients included in the study were still in pain 3 months after their initial consultation
with their GP. The UK BEAM trial found chiropractic care provides significant and cost efficient benefits over best practice GP care. The care I provide is in line with guidelines for management from the National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence.
Patient Global Impression of Change (PGIC)
This tool tells us in percentage terms what improvement our patients have seen in the 90 days following starting treatment with us.
- 80.08% of our patients feel “Definitely better” just 14 days following their initial consultation.
- By 30 days, this figure has risen to 86.12%
- The figure continues to rise, and by 90 days (3 months) after their first consultation, 88.36% of all patients report feeling “definitely better”.
Patient Satisfaction with Care
30 days after their initial consultation, patients anonymously provide feedback on their experience with Philippa. These questions relate to a number of factors, including:
- How thoroughly they feel they have been asked about their symptoms
- How well they have been listened to
- The amount of time they had with their clinician
- How well they were put at ease during examination
- The patience their clinician had with them
- How well they were involved in decisions about their care
- How well their problem & treatment was explained
- The caring and concern shown to them
Most noteworthy- all of the patients who responded report my care as either “Excellent” or “Very Good”.
Average number of appointments per patient
As an honest, ethical clinic I am completely transparent with my patients.
We will never ask you to pay upfront for a course of treatments.
Every decision made about your healthcare is ultimately yours, we will advise you on what is recommended by research and the latest evidence.
The average number of treatments per patient over a 90 day (3 month) period is just 5.41.
Why we collect this information
When you come to see me for chiropractic care at Acorn Health, you will be asked to complete a questionnaire via Care Response software. It is considered best practice for us to collect these Patient Reported Outcome Measures and Experience Measures from you. This gives you the opportunity to tell us what the problem is, how it has affected you, and helps inform my treatments.
We combine what you’ve told me with the latest evidence and research to create a bespoke treatment plan for you.
Furthermore, this feedback helps to improve my clinic and the way that we care for you. This is just one reason why our clinic has been selected to receive two national awards in recognition of our continuing commitment to delivering healthcare excellence.
I think it is important I share this data with you. As a result, you can see how my treatment performs and what to expect from my care.
Please note: These results and data apply to chiropractic care only.