Our Patients’ Results From Chiropractic Care
When choosing a healthcare practitioner, it’s important to know what to expect. Our focus is always on getting you better as quickly as possible whilst ensuring the benefits you see from care last.
We collect data from short questionnaires so we can see how well you are doing under our care, and identify areas where we could improve the care and service we provide to you.
When choosing to see our chiropractor Philippa Oakley, you will find:
- Over a 90 day (3 month) period, you should improve 88.25% (on average). This takes just over 5 visits (5.41)
- 96.30% of our patients have reported the care we have provided as excellent.
The charts and graphs on this page are taken from responses from 486 patients who completed our questionnaires.
How do our results compare to General Practice?
A widely cited research paper investigating low back pain in general practice found that 79% of patients included in the study were still in pain 3 months after their initial consultation
with their GP. The UK BEAM trial found chiropractic care provides significant and cost efficient benefits over best practice GP care. The care we provide at Acorn Health is in line with guidelines for management from the National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence.
Patient Global Impression of Change (PGIC)
The graph below tells us in percentage terms what improvement our patients have seen in the 90 days following starting treatment with us.
- 73.33% of our patients feel “Definitely better” just 14 days following their initial consultation.
- By 30 days, this figure has risen to 86.05%
- The figure continues to rise, and by 90 days (3 months) after their first consultation, 88.36% of all patients report feeling “definitely better”.
Patient Satisfaction with Care
30 days after their initial consultation, patients anonymously provide feedback on their experience with Acorn Health. These questions relate to a number of factors, including
- How thoroughly they feel they have been asked about their symptoms
- How well they have been listened to
- The amount of time they had with their clinician
- How well they were put at ease during examination
- The patience their clinician had with them
- How well they were involved in decisions about their care
- How well their problem & treatment was explained
- The caring and concern shown to them
Most noteworthy- all of the patients who responded report our care as either “Excellent” or “Very Good”.
Average number of appointments per patient
As an honest, ethical clinic we are completely transparent with our patients.
We will never ask you to pay upfront for a course of treatments.
Every decision made about your healthcare is ultimately yours, we will advise you on what is recommended by research and the latest evidence.
The average number of treatments per patient over a 90 day (3 month) period is just 5.41. The total cost for an average course of care can be broken down:
1 initial consultation at £70.00 (includes first treatment), followed by 4 treatments at £36.00. Total= £214.00
Why we collect this information
When you come to see us for chiropractic care at Acorn Health, you will be asked to complete a questionnaire via Care Response software. It is considered best practice for us to collect these Patient Reported Outcome Measures and Experience Measures from you. This gives you the opportunity to tell us what the problem is, how it has affected you, and helps inform our treatments.
We combine what you’ve told us with the latest evidence and research to create a bespoke treatment plan for you.
Furthermore, this feedback helps to improve our clinic and the way that we care for you. This is just one reason why our clinic has been selected to receive two national awards in recognition of our continuing commitment to delivering healthcare excellence.
We think it is important we share this data with you. As a result, you can see how we perform as a clinic and what to expect from our care.
Please note: These results and data apply to chiropractic care only. For details on other individual therapies, please speak to the relevant practitioner.