Acorn Health is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Acorn Health may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from the 19/11/2014.
Currently we ask for no information from the visitors of our site, with the exception of an optional Newsletter Subscription, which requires a name and an email address.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect on-line.
Links to other websites
Certain links in this website connect to other websites maintained by third parties over whom Acorn Health has no control. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question. Acorn Health makes no representations as to the accuracy or any other aspect of information contained in other websites.
The information contained in this website is for general guidance on matters of health interest only. While we have made every attempt to ensure that the information contained in this website has been obtained from reliable sources, Acorn Health is not responsible for any errors or omissions, or for the results obtained from the use of this information.
All information in this website is provided “as is”, with no guarantee of completeness, accuracy, timeliness or of the results obtained from the use of this information, and without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to warranties of performance, health and fitness for a particular purpose.
In no event will Acorn Health or the partners, agents or employees thereof be liable for any decision made or action taken in reliance on the information in this website or for any consequential, special or similar damages, even if advised of the possibility of such damages.
The Acorn Health name, logo and all associated branding are registered with the UK Copyright Service. Registration No: 284693509 Copyright © 2015 Philippa Oakley. All rights reserved.
At Acorn Health our aim is to make our website as accessible as possible to the widest range of visitors and customers. At the centre of everything we do is the act of communication so communicating as effectively as possible is paramount for us.
This means considering the specific needs of those with visual or physical impairments, learning difficulties and other forms of disability. In addition it means having an understanding of different browser technologies. Our site has been produced to meet current best practices and guidelines.
The benefits of this approach:
- The site is available to as wide an audience as possible and across a variety of technologies. It will also be accessible to future devices.
- The site meets guidelines for those users who may have impairments and difficulties using the web.
- The site loads quicker and uses less bandwidth. This creates savings in hosting costs that we pass on to our customers.
All web sites that are owned by UK businesses need to comply with the Disability Discrimination Act – The DDA. The Disability Discrimination Act 1995 – was introduced with the intention of comprehensively tackling the discrimination which many disabled people face. The part of the DDA that states web sites must be made accessible came into force on 1 October 1999 and the Code of Practice for this section of the Act was published on 27 May 2002.
Visitors to our website are required to accept the following terms and conditions, in addition to those detailed above, in return for the information given to them on this website.
- All information in this website is provided “as is”, with no guarantee of completeness, accuracy, timeliness or of the results obtained from the use of this information, and without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to warranties of performance, health and fitness for a particular purpose.
- In relation to a dispute arising out of this website you the user and Acorn Health agree to submit exclusively to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
- Except where expressly stated to the contrary the text and graphics in the information contained in this website is the copyright of Acorn Health. You may download or print out individual selections of the web pages on our website only if explicitly used for your own personal information and not to be publicly reproduced. Permanent copying or storage of whole or part of this website or the information contained in it or reproduction or incorporation of any part of it in any other work or publication whether on paper or electronic media or any other form is expressly prohibited.
- The entire contents of this website remains our property and is copyright with all rights reserved.