Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) works on the understanding that, if we are able to both notice and then manage our thoughts and behaviours, we will change our mood. A very simplistic explanation of a very effective therapy, that is recommended by the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence guidelines and evidence based.
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy can treat
- Body Dysmorphic Disorder
- Generalised Anxiety Disorder
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Low Self Esteem
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Panic Disorder
- Pain Management
- Post Traumatic Stress disorder
- Post Natal Depression
- Self Harm
- Sexual Abuse
- Suicidal Thoughts
- Travel Anxiety
- Work Related Stress
- Health anxiety
- Medically unexplained symptoms
CBT Therapists at Acorn Health
Tania is an experienced, BABCP Accredited, Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapist (CBT) working previously for the NHS in this capacity but now solely in private practice. Tania has a compassion focussed therapy approach to treatment, as she understand that it can be very hard to come and share your most difficult thoughts and feelings at a time when you are feeling vulnerable. Due to working for many years in the caring professions, including work as an Occupational Therapist, Tania has gained experience of both physical disabilities/long term conditions and the low mood and anxieties that can often accompany them.
Tania offers both short term and longer term therapy depending on need.
Training, qualifications and experience
- Post Graduate Diploma CBT BABCP Accredited BSc (Hons) OT
- Supervisor Training – Surrey University
- Tania has also completed further training in Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) from the Oxford Cognitive Therapy Centre (OCTC) and applies this to both groupwork and 1:1 therapy, when helpful.
- Furthermore, Tania has training in Compassion Focussed Therapy, which can be especially helpful with shame-based difficulties.
£75 per 50 minute session for privately paying clients
Tania is registered with most of the main insurance companies including :
Bupa, AXA PPP, Aviva, Cigna, Nuffield Health, Moving Minds, TICCS, Psychology Services, CBT Clinics, Innovate, Psycho-legal Services, Efficacy, Rehab Works, Simply Health, WPA and Walking with the Wounded
Book an appointment
To book an appointment with Tania, please call 01243 379693 or email us here.
BABCP (Provisional) accredited CBT therapist.
Book an appointment
To book an appointment with Claire, please call Acorn Health on 01243 379693 or email us here.